Saturday, May 29, 2010

I'm a monster of love, baby

They were showing "Revenge of the Creature" while I posted this, it's density!!

Lady Gaga- Monster

Danny.... come and let me help you wash behind your ears...

I love monsters. I'm kind of a 1950's boy in a 21st century 20-something-year-old-girl. I love gory horror movies, Hammer, cheesy old sci-fi movies (new sci-fi stuff doesn't appeal to me- too much smart guy stuff, not enough atomic monsters!) I have old issues of Famous Monsters of Filmland I got from Ebay (R.I.P. Dr. Ackula) and for a long time my dream was to attend the Tom Savini School of Special Effects then become the NEXT Savini/KNB- yes, all of them rolled into one- but with boobs. Well that didn't happen, but I wear my Choptop shirt proud.

Anyway. So when I heard this week's Project Themeory theme was MONSTERS, I was super excited! My favorite items are the skin & shape from The Sea Hole and PLOOM'S BRIDE OF FRAKENSTEIN HAIR. I *love* the Bride of Frankenstein, I even had a fanpage on Geocities for it! (Hell yeah I'm cool, also I am from the streets.) Ploom, born from the glorious Deviant Kitties, is fast becoming one of my favorite hair places.

Detail of Ploom hair; dinner.

Look at the detailing on these boots! Just lovely. Ok I added an extra Bax layer for extra monstery-ness, just ignore that. Or enjoy it?

WILD THING! *splat splat, splat splat, splat splat!*


Necklace: ::Happy Finds:: Vintage Yowling Cat Head Necklace $10L
Dress: ::Happy Finds:: Wild Thing Dress $75L Themory
Watch: Alice in WonderSLand Memento pocketwatch (they sent a box of mementos to those who attended the show, they're awesome- thank you guys!! Can't wait to play flamingo croqutte!)
Skin & shape: The Sea Hole Monster girlfriend Skin & shape $75L Themory (told you they were awesome!!)
Hair: ploom Bride of Frankenstein $75L themory
Boots: Ho Wear (LOOOVE the name =/) #2::DUCE::2# Buckled Illusion $25L
Fishnet Stockings: Domino Fashions

Finally, a Rest in Peace to Dennis Hopper, legendary free ridin' madman. While he was in many classic films, I will always have a soft spot for him in one of my all-time favorites... the (intentionally) hilarious, underrated Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment