Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Own Newbie Challenge: Women


The Newbie Challenge came and went, but it's a great idea and since I found some amazing cheap/free finds that were not featured, I figured this might be interesting/helpful. :D This was immensely fun to do- I hope any newbies out there find this post and it'll help you out- let me know if it does! $20L limit, I did it on an alt so I wouldn't cheat. :D Note: As with all my posts, I do not use Photoshop. A lot of the entries in the challenge I saw used PS heavily to make the avatars much more attractive, and I think that's extremely misleading to new members especially.


L&H - MaryLou Outfit- FREE after 20 minutes on a camping chair. Just join the group (free) & read the news or catch up on your email to get almost EVERYTHING pictured but the shoes (which are a free group subscribo gift from Maitreya- you get a whole fatpack of colors!) This includes outfit, skin, hair, accessories- even the pose! Ok the shape is a luckyboard gift from the same store, but this is an amazing value and the skin is adorable no matter how long you've been on the grid. THey have a ton of short lucky boards there- including skins- so it's worth a visit. You can remove the stockings & get plain black pants, btw. The bracelets are a free gift from Sn@tch. Eyes are the free gift from Poetic Colors. Total cost- $0L


Imagen has a fantastic pack of skins for newbies under 30 days old- it includes the skin from lightest white shade to this gorgeous black one shown above. The shirt is a lucky cupcake gift from Cupcakes, and the eyes are free from ES Eyes.

Imagen is also super generous at the Starlust Motel, which is a haven for weird cheap stuff! For $1L you get a pack of this adorable Unicorn Lover skin.
Skirt: $1L from StarLust Motel
Hair: Electric Feel - Black - Purple Tint $1L for pack!
Shoes: Maitreya Group Gift Pumps in Turquoise FREE
Shirt: TwosomelogoTee $1L

Tomorrow... the men!

No comments:

Post a Comment