Friday, August 6, 2010

New Cheap Skin (Yay!) & A Rant (Oh noes!)


[dekade.] Skins -Claire Sunkissed- TDR Special


Skins, skins, skins. Lots of rad skin, and I aim to blog 'em. Even if a lot of other blogs are (and I try my best to not just blog what's super popular.) The next entries will feature the new Fashionably Dead Rainbow skins and the new Redgrave Trinity Paper line. As always- no photoshop was used in any of these photos, or "tricky" lightning. The skin "sits" on my shape exactly as shown.*

AtomicBambi Lana-Sunblush-Pure-2 SK!N - Rocking Friday

For Rockin' Friday, AtomicBambi has released another cute-as-heck skin for only $75L! (This skin reminds me so much of Debra Messing.)


The New Dressing Room Blue collection is out, containing 2 exclusive new $70L skins from Dekade & Cupcakes!


[dekade.] Skins -Claire Sunkissed- TDR Special (Comes with dark & light brows, and hairbase option. The dark eyebrow option is shown at the top of the entry.)

Cupcakes - Dressing Room Limited Edition Skin Belle/Dhalia Hybrid


*A bit of a rant. A few weeks ago I saw a fairly popular fashion skin/blogger out and about, and geeked out since I love her blog. Of course I zoomed in on her fabulous outfit- and she looked fantastic. Until I got to her face. She was wearing a skin she had recently blogged, and it looked NOTHING on her like it did on her blog. She had almost entirely changed the skin tone, smoothed things out around and the mouth, and just... wow. I had the skin on my wishlist and seeing that made me take it off immediately. Her blog entry was not one for just showing beautiful photos or even showcasing clothes- it was a specific skin review one, where her comments were based on HER Photoshopped version.

I'm not saying "Ew I thought she looked gross, so she sucks!", not at all. Even when avatars don't fit my own aesthetic tastes I'm mature and open-minded enough to appreciate them on their terms. My point is... well, the cake is a lie. These skins cost thousands of linden for those of us that have to pay for them, and we'd like to see an accurate representation. Fixing up a shot artistically is vastly different from tweaking skin color and erasing out seams when you're reviewing that particular skin.


So with zero disrespect to other blogs... I just don't do that here and never will. I'm not superior to anyone, it's just how I want to run my humble lil blog. I'm sure there are plenty of people that hate my unartistic photos... but again this is a fashion review/showcase blog, not an SL art/photography-based one. Personally, if someone thought a creation of mine needed to be tweaked so extensively before it could be shown I'd feel pretty down. I only blog things I like and think others would like, however if I shelled out money for something that had a flaw I thought needed to be (respectfully) pointed out... I've done that and I'll do it again. I'm in awe and gratitude of the content creators of SL, and I hope if any of you stumble on this blog that you're happy with the representation. :)

Agree, disagree? I love comments!


3 comments:

  1. Agree yo.

    I bought my first skin/shape about a month ago. It was almost like the picture, except it skin was too pale. Thankfully, I got a skin from the same maker that fit with the shape and made my skin not so pale and not so tan. Paid 950 for the whole thing, but 50 dollars below 1000 is still a bit better.

    So if the demo is pale, better believe it's fudging pale D: Demos are there for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible the blogger was using a windlight setting when she took the screencaps that emphasized the skin better than yours? The right windlight can make a -world- of difference from default or some of the more atmospheric settings.

    ReplyDelete