Friday, April 16, 2010

In Memory...

Anam Cara sent out a very sad but very touching notecard.

"Today, I marked EVERYTHING in the store down to 25L or less (most 1-10L).

My grandmother, that raised me, passed away after weeks and weeks struggle at the hospital. I stayed there so I haven't been able to put out anything new.

Her favorite color in the world was golden yellow so I've made a memorial outfit in her honor. All donations and purchases of this outfit will go towards a memorial for her."

I am so sorry for her loss, I know how hard it is to lose a grandmother. Doing this sale was very generous of her, and after reading the note there was no way I could *not* buy the memorial dress. Lucky for me, it's gorgeous. It's only $100L and goes towards a very good cause.



At her store I also picked up this adorable "Not Strictly Business!" outfit for $20L... (hair is Truth's "Amanda" in Treacle)


... and this lovely little "Angelic" dress for only $10L...


I'm very excited to announce that I will be having some reading for the men very soon! My first "On the Street" thrifty fashion profile is coming up soon and features a man, and a BRAND NEW COLUMN written by my great friend Ame Steamer will be popping up here shortly. He is a very fashionable guy (Italian, no wonder!) and will be writing about getting different great looks for free/nearly free. His first column is about dressing steampunk for free, so you don't want to miss that!

No comments:

Post a Comment