Wednesday, April 14, 2010

PINK it's like red but not quite...







As everyone knows, today was Anti-Bullying day, and Second Life really embraced it- at least, the awesome fashion designers did. Lots of freebies and cheapies, and some assorted "pink" sales.

I happened to be wearing an outfit perfect for the venue I was going to- Steeleheart Village, where I was lucky enough to catch three amazing live acts. Naftali Torok played beautiful Dutch music, all instrumental and really stirring.
Cindy Ecksol sang beautifully and played a wonderful fiddle (I am a *sucker* for that instrument) and Brenden Shoreland ended it all wonderfully with a great voice. The atmosphere is very cozy, laid back and reminds me of a lot of small Irish-inspired pubs I've seen live music at.

Also, no annoying chat spam- please take note, other venues! Showing appreciation of the artists is a must, but having cheering and "woo!" noises over their talking and sometimes even performing while covering up the entire screen probably isn't the best way to show them you're enjoying what they're doing. Maybe I'm just an angry old man at heart, though, eh? Get off my e-lawn!!



Hair: Hairy Situation- Magic, shade Bitter Chocolate (all hair is 50% off!)
Poses: Glitterati Model pack 11
Shirt: Pacadi Frilled Neckline Singlet in #03 (going out of business sale, everything is drastically slashed down)
Skirt: Sari's Silk Road skirt. I just discovered this store (what? I'm a newbie!) and I'm in love. Really unique, low-priced-high-quality funky, boho hippie inspired clothes. If you love colorful clothes, this place will bloooow your mind, man!
Bracelets: Jasha Tahta bracelets in Wood
Necklace: Jasha Oceania necklace in Hot (all jewelry here is currently $50L, and they have some really stunning pieces.)
Shoes: BAX Ultimate Boots in gold

It's also HUMP DAY! Some great finds, I'm wearing a few here...


Skin: Mango Mango skin in Chapped, pale shade. I LOVE this skin, so much personality but very cute- plus it comes with a freckled version! A steal at $69L
Hair: Audacity Cinde in Sable. This shop just re-opened (I was lucky enough to randomly stop by the opening day party- goofy dancing fun!) and she has some great styles. This comes in three shades, and there is also a huge welcome pack of free hair and some RFL easter eggs, so definitely check it out. $69L
Shirt: Butterfly Effectz "Strong in Pink" shirt, a subscriber freebie!
Shoes: A-Bomb's color change Nazumi sneakers. $69L
Pose: From the same Glitterati set from above
Set: La Petite Morte "The Alley", and above I used her set "The Runway". Amazing photo sets there, I highly recommend checking it out.

Hair: NEW! Truth Kylie in Treacle shade
Shirt: Moonshine Designs "Gidget" top in Blossom. Four other colors. $69L.
Skirt: Couverture Spongy Dots skirt

No comments:

Post a Comment