Thursday, April 29, 2010

Male Steampunk on a Budget: Column by Ame Steamer

I am VERY proud to announce the first entry of a column by my very good friend Ame Steamer! Ame is a newbie like me (we both joined the same day, actually) but he quickly became one of the best dressed men I've seen on the grid- including guys who have been members for years. (Being Italian helped, I think, but still takes a lot of skill! ;) Even more impressive is what he can do with a handful or even zero lindens. Ame will be sharing mens fashion here on a miniscule budget- many times even a completely free look! Each column will have its own theme, and his first is a style very close to Ame's heart- steampunk! Enjoy, and please let us know what you think in the comments!

.: A FALLEN DANDY by Ame Steamer :.


Being a sci-fi- and everything retro- geek, I really love steampunk and
steampunks! Steampunk exists and prospers in SL, here you can fly over
Victorian cities on a steam-powered airship. However, try doing it
without a proper steampunk outfit: it's simply not the same! Then, being
chronically moneyless I had to solve this issue by finding good and cheap
steampunk items. I thought it was impossible, but I was wrong: out there are numerous great finds!


These suits are from Blackopal, in three variants: the green was my St.
Patrick outfit! I couldnt believe they give them for free, as they are
as good as their non free items, and Blackopal is known for having
greatly improved steampunk fashion and you can grab them also in
XstreetSL!


Avatar Bizarre has a stunning- both in number and in quality- collection
of unordinary clothes that every steampunk-geek will love, and as they
are into a lot of gift hunts you can grab a few creations of theirs for
free, if you are willing to become even more shortsighted, you nerd!


A steampunk outfit is not complete without accessories, I know you want
your goggles (steamjunk group gift), boots (free from Duh! - Make him
over hunt prize) bow tie and and top hat (both dollarbies at Caledon
main location).

If you like a less victorian and more western feeling, then my last
finding is perfect for you: a sepia outfit (free from Silent Sparrow but
available at Gnubie) that I paired with a cowboy hat, above.


A mohawk (free from Black Maria) looks always great with a victorian
outfit. Steampunk's not dead!


No comments:

Post a Comment