Monday, April 26, 2010

Man on the Street Thrifty Fashion Profile!


Zac and interviewer eyeing him like a perv. I swear I'm not a perv!! My clothes from Mischief, BTW.

This feature is one of the big reasons I started this blog, and I'm thrilled to bring you the first entry of it. Well-dressed popular bloggers and designers are always pleasant, but what about the well-dressed, unique random person "on the street" in SL? I've always wondered what goes behind the beautiful/unusual outfits, so here I will be featuring those very people that pull it off on a nudget. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think! IM or notecard me in-world at Lila Corith if you would like to be featured.
Zac Stormcrow came to my attention on the Fabulously Free SL group. He was one of the few men in the group (that group chat, anyway) and his knowledge compelled me to ask him to profile him. I was a little nervous asking him this, as I'm pretty sure a straight guy with a fashionable avatar gets swamped. Thankfully he's as kind as he is stylish, and agreed. We met in the park in front of Artilleri, and there I grilled him like a steak.

How would you describe your personal style?
Personally, my sl is played much like my rl. I'm generally happy, optimistic, quite firty and gregarious. I enjoy this little virtual medium because I get to meet with, and exchange, with people from all over the planet.
(Fashion-wise) I try to appear comfortable, yet stylish. I find that a well put together avi is better recieved. In rl, I've always been somethjing of a fashion felon, but here, I've become somewhat metro. One of these days, I'm gonna have to either thank- or trounce- a Linden for infecting me such.

... ladies?

Lila Corith: So has your superfly style here influenced your RL fashion felony at all?
Zac Stormcrow: Actually it has. I'm surprised about that
Lila Corith: How so?
Zac Stormcrow: Well... here it's easy to play with fashion, get good advise, and because there's whole ranges of styles, you get to experiment with personal style. If it looks good here in SL, odds are good, you won't have people frown at you in rl.
What got you into the whole SL freebie fashion thing?
Poverty and being involved with a woman, who wished to not be embarassed by a dude she liked, looked like a newb. ;) She and I remain friends; her style isn't my style, but I took a great deal of advice from her.

What's been your favorite find(s) so far? What are your favorite go-to stores in SL?
I bumped into a couple of designers who have tossed some very cool creations my way. (Wow, must be nice to be a fashionable male in SL! Harumph. ;) I love the creations at Wilsons, B&C, and Bare Rose. KMadd has a free board, which has always been very good, and the hunts from that designer are excellent.

I also know the owner of the JFTG's hunts and those hunts for men, are also outstanding
both have taken me to designers that have some very good stuff on sl.

What's been your biggest "splurge" here so far?
In terms of fashion...probably a tux from Blaze the tux was cheap...something like $400L. Blaze does have periodic 1/2 off sales and most of their creations are transferable, as I recall. The other item was $800L...which just goes to show a man's priorities! (I won't put that item here, but you can probably guess what it is. Tee hee.)

A lot of guys complain about the clothes here, but you seem pretty happy about them!
In terms of freebies and cheapies, most is not great...you have to show discretion, and a willingness to toss crap in the trashcan, lest your inventory become bloated with stuff you wouldn't give away. You also learn to like certain designers...and for the designers out there that do put out quality freebies, thanks. I have gone back and bought full price stuff from designers who have quality designs

So, what is this fabulous ensemble composed of?
The shape is a mod of the full perm Fernando shape...
Skin is the gift from Belleza--Thomas V2 Tan except the skin...Belleza has a for pay group, which I highly recommend. (I joined right after this interview, it's $250 to join but you get two high quality skins right off the bat, and you're set for future free skins.)
Hair is from Bryce --Saul (each hair pack is $200L)
Shirt is the April gift from SF Design--Chambray and comes in a bunch of configurations.
Pants are from SL Second Island-- Cala Marrom Com Cinto
Shoes are from Kalins- found in the MHOH hunt Crossyard (I made the slurl so it takes you right in front of where it's hidden, but you'll still need to cam around a bit so it's not cheating. ;)
Watch was found in a previous hunt
AO is a free ao from Vista
... and I'm also wearing the free version of the mysti-tool


Sunglasses- From the second best freebie place for guys, Maschienwerks.

No comments:

Post a Comment